Simple yet delicious, this avocado chicken salad is my latest obsession! Sliced grilled chicken fillets, diced tomatoes, sweet corn and creamy avocado, topped with a mix of seeds and an easy tasty vinaigrette dressing! ll in a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce!
This specific recipes serves 2 people. I usually make this for me and my boyfriend, hence the quantities of the ingredients. Feel free to double it!
If you want to know the best way to grill chicken for this salad with max flavours, then marinate the chicken with lemon and garlic about 4 hours before you grill it, add some herbs if you’de like too. Then just use salt & pepper on a non stick pan, and it’ll turn out extremely tasty and lower in calories than if you used some kind of oil.
Choosing ripe sweet tomatoes and avocados also makes a huge difference in the taste of this salad! When you choose good organic local ingredients everything tastes so much better, so that would be my recommendation with this recipe. (And all of my other recipes, of course!)
Let me know what you thought of this if you try it!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup grilled chicken steak, diced about 200gr
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sweet corn canned
- 1 tsp mixed seeds of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Shred the romaine lettuce and add to a bowl.
- Using a chopping board and a good knife, dice the tomato & avocado.
- Grill the chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side to get a nice crust, using only a bit of salt & pepper. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing it.
- Add the grilled chicken sliced to a bowl, along with the chopped avocado, tomato & corn. Mix well.
- Add this mix on top of the romaine lettuce.
- Make the dressing by combining everything and toss with the salad gently. Top with a sprinkle of seeds. Serve!
Meet the Author
Welcome to Stachio! I'm Maria, and I've created a website dedicated to all topics revolving a healthier and better lifestyle. A tribute to all beautiful things in life. Here you can find anything from health and self-care tips, to nutrition and fitness. My goal is to inspire and motivate you to achieve greater things. Join me as we uncover the steps to a better future !
Get new recipes, nutrition tips and health blog posts straight in your inbox!