Berries and Oatmeal Vanilla Cake
Are you looking for a cake with less calories than you can enjoy without feeling guilty? Well, this recipe doesn’t have a lot of sugar but it has a lot of goodness.
This is the perfect cake for a sunday afternoon with the kids when you want something good to give them that is guilt-free.
It serves 12, or more if you cut very thin slices.
It comes in at 265 calories per serving.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 200 gr of all-purpose-flour
- 150 gr of sugar
- 50 gr of cornstarch
- 120 gr of butter
- 125 gr of milk (or milk alternative)
- 50 gr of rolled oats
- 150 gr of berries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven at 375º F. Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Set the egg whites aside. add the yolks to the butter and sugar mix. Mix again.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and blend.
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Add baking powder, all-purpose-flour, cornstarch and 30 gr of oats in a bowl. Combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them slowly to the batter until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into a 13 inch round pan like this one.
- Add the berries on top, and sprinkle the remaining 20 gr of oats. If you want a sweeter cake sprinkle some sugar on top of the cake too.
Tip: if you use fresh berries the cake will be sweeter. If you use frozen ones, they tend to be less sweet (but cheaper).
Meet the Author
Welcome to Stachio! I'm Maria, and I've created a website dedicated to all topics revolving a healthier and better lifestyle. A tribute to all beautiful things in life. Here you can find anything from health and self-care tips, to nutrition and fitness. My goal is to inspire and motivate you to achieve greater things. Join me as we uncover the steps to a better future !
Get new recipes, nutrition tips and health blog posts straight in your inbox!