Stepping into the world of comfort foods with this creamy easy tuna pasta bake, filled with veggies, white bechamel sauce and mozzarella cheese.
There’s two types of recipes I love to put my veggies in: risottos and pastas. This creamy tuna pasta bake is so amazingly delicious and it makes all the vegetables in this recipe taste so good! And of course, there’s nothing better than loading pasta with creamy white sauce and cheese!
It’s a fairly quick meal to make, and especially an easy one if you’ve been cooking for some time. I like to saute the mushrooms, red bell peppers, corn and spinach. As for the cauliflower, I prefer to boil it with the pasta. To make bechamel white sauce just use a combo of butter, flour and milk, and then season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
This easy tuna pasta bake is enough for 4 people to be perfectly happy!
Let me know what you thought of it if you try it!
Easy Tuna Pasta Bake
- 2 1/2 cups dried rotini pasta
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 handful spinach chopped
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp sweet corn canned
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add in the pasta and the cauliflower. Let it cook with a pinch of sea salt for about 8-10 minutes. This way the pasta only gets fully cooked when it goes in the oven.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- In a large frying pan/skillet drizzle a tsp of olive oil under medium-high heat. Once it’s hot enough, add in your mushrooms. Add in a sprinkle of salt to make them release their juices, which will serve as help in the cooking process. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the red bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in the corn and spinach. Cook for 2 more minutes, until spinach cooks down.
- Drain the pasta and cauliflower. Place in a baking dish, along with the sauteed veggies and two cans of drained tuna.
- In the same frying pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add in the flour and mix. Once it’s combined, add milk slowly and stir. Keep stirring until it gets creamy. Add salt, pepper, paprika and nutmeg.
- Add to pasta. Mix well. Add cheese on top and bake at 375º F for 25 minutes or until golden.
Meet the Author
Welcome to Stachio! I'm Maria, and I've created a website dedicated to all topics revolving a healthier and better lifestyle. A tribute to all beautiful things in life. Here you can find anything from health and self-care tips, to nutrition and fitness. My goal is to inspire and motivate you to achieve greater things. Join me as we uncover the steps to a better future !
Get new recipes, nutrition tips and health blog posts straight in your inbox!