This is a hearty fall salad, made with sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, sweet corn and feta cheese, laid over some nutritious leafy greens. It’s also super easy to make and super delicious.
When making this salad, I thought about making it the tastiest and warmest comfort food for fall times while also keeping it healthy. The feta cheese plays a really big role in this recipe as it serves as a savoury yet fresh ingredient to give a different punch. The sweet potatoes are oven roasted before you assemble the salad. This is the best way to prepare them as it makes them sweeter, don’t boil or microwave them!
The chicken is grilled and set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes, this way it is juicy and moist when you cut into it.
When it comes to leafy greens, please choose baby leaf spinach as it is softer and better for salads. Also, when assembling it make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature as to not cook the greens.
Recipe and nutrition fact below! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Chicken Salad
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups grilled chicken or 1 chicken breast
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 can corn
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven at 400ºF.
- 2. Cut the sweet potato in cubes. Coat in a little olive oil & coarse sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 3. Season the chicken breast in a tsp of olive oil, salt & pepper. Grill on high heat. Let rest for about 10 min and then slice.
- 4. In a bowl combine arugula, spinach, sweet potato, sliced grilled chicken, corn & feta cheese. Toss with about 1 tbsp of olive oil, a dash of salt, pepper and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Serves 2 peoples
Meet the Author
Welcome to Stachio! I'm Maria, and I've created a website dedicated to all topics revolving a healthier and better lifestyle. A tribute to all beautiful things in life. Here you can find anything from health and self-care tips, to nutrition and fitness. My goal is to inspire and motivate you to achieve greater things. Join me as we uncover the steps to a better future !
Get new recipes, nutrition tips and health blog posts straight in your inbox!